FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Monday, 1 April 2013

Brains of Britain we aren't………..

When the 4 of us were up the pub on Friday night we noticed that there was a quiz arranged for Sunday evening. Ann and I were all for it the two “old grumps” became very quiet and ignored the suggestion completely. But they got their come uppance when we were all chatting to Irene and Andy  (who are moored in front of us) Saturday and Ann mentioned said quiz, we’re up for it said Irene and if she noticed the groan from Keith and Paul she was polite enough not to say anything. Arrangements were made re times etc.

All day Sunday Paul was wittering about going to the quiz how he didn't feel well and did we have to go. Now I knew Keith felt the same so no doubt Ann was experiencing the same thing I was. But, I was resolute and we were going and that was that. We got to the pub in plenty of time with Paul and Keith  still questioning why they were there. Irene and Andy joined us, by this time the tables were filling up and you could just tell the professional “quizzers” and I can tell you we certainly didn't fall in this category. Well to say that our quiz skills were dire wasn't quite true as we did get some questions right and thanks to Irene and Andy we weren't totally ignorant. At one point when Paul was heckling the compare he was threatened with being barred from the quiz altogether which I think was his intention. Any way to cut a long story short we CAME LAST won a bottle of red for our pains. I think we managed to get 50% of the answers right. To add insult to injury the team that won the quiz also walked off with most of the raffle prizes. As we left the pub there was a chorus from the two “Victors” of “don't you dare ask us to take part in another quiz again”. All that aside we did have a lovely evening and we laughed a lot thanks to our fellow team mates.

You can tell we are back on the cut as it hasn't taken long for us to be jumping up and down as boats come to within a whisker of the side of the boat. There has been a lot of traffic in the ice and freezing temperatures, thankfully although the wind is bitter yet again the ice has gone completely.  

No comments: