FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Saturday, 7 April 2012

Happy Easter everyone.

Yes we are still about and although I haven't written anything for a few days we haven't been resting on our laurels.

On Wednesday we went to Coventry on the bus in the snow and what a freezing cold day it was. Thursday Chris took Paul to B & Q to get a new chain for the chainsaw and he had a row with the manager now are you surprised at that !!!!!!!!! Coming away empty handed.

Friday saw us tackling the final bit of the wallpapering well we got some done, two panels to be precise.

001

First couple of drops in place,

003

004

So that is those two panels papered and today they were painted.

Chris managed to get Paul the new chain so today also saw the wood cut up in to manageable bits.

Loads of boats have gone through and only a couple have hit us. It would appear that the hire boats are coming this way as opposed to going down the South Oxford. Last night a group of lads decided to pitch their tent by the car park and were warned about the abundance of rats but it didn't deter them. When I went to the village this morning they were just packing up and they all looked frozen.

As is to be expected it is busy here on the moorings and there aren't many spaces of an evening, a few of the boats we have seen about so is nice to be able to have a chat.

I surpassed myself and made a madeira cake but had to resort to giving some slices to Chris and H to get rid of it as the thing is huge, if I make it again I will half the recipe Nigella has a lot to answer to. Tonight I am going to tackle a home made pizza including the base should prove interesting.

Haven't found any Easter eggs hidden away so looks like I will be disappointed  yet again.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Regarding hidden Easter eggs, Lynn, you are not alone! I've worked out how to avoid annual disappointment though - buy them yourself and hide them where only you know!! xxoo

dog kennels said...

very interesting blog post