FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

That's a relief….

Yesterday morning I was on the phone at 8am the first couple of times of trying I was told by a pre-recorded message “that due to the high volume of calls pleas call back later” which I did twice at 5 minute intervals. On the third attempt I was told I was number 26 in the queue, so I waited, listening to endless messages and music until after 20 minutes of hanging on I got through and was able to make an appointment for 3.20 in the afternoon. As Paul had dentist at 11.20 it meant a bit of a wait between appointments.

The 10.40 bus  arrived at 11am so I had to rung the dentist and tell them we would be a bit late and luckily the bus pulled in at 11.20. After the dentist came the hanging round bit, we had a spot of lunch then sat on a seat for a while like a couple of reprobate's. As the wind had a bit of a bite to it we decided to go to the doctors early as you never know Paul may be seen. Well we were so early the self booking in screen said we didn't have an appointment so we had to ask the receptionist to do it for us then we sat in the waiting room until our allotted time of course that came and went by which time Paul was decidedly agitated and was threatening to walk out, at 3.45 he got called in and 10 minutes later came out with a big smile on his face and a handful of prescriptions. The prognosis is good, he has a small nodule on his lung which is nothing to worry about downside is his lungs have industrial damage from his job and he is going to have to live with shortness of breath and a tendency to catch bronchitis. As he has a rotten cough at the moment he is now on antibiotics and has been given a strong inhaler to use. To say that he was over the moon with the result would be an understatement.

So now we have to concentrate on getting the boat sold.

4 comments:

Graham said...

Great news!!! Nice to have a happy ending.

Nb Yarwood said...

Good news indeed, what a relief for both of you!
Still se t on giving up boating though? Best wishes for whatever the new life you have planned.
Lesley

Jacky said...

Les and I were so pleased to hear your news. Hope to see you soon xxxx

Mrs. Jaqueline Biggs said...

So glad to hear of your good news! What a relief. Now you can begin looking forward to arranging the next steps in a new life.
Jaq and Les