We have been moored here at Onley for the past few days and cant believe how quiet it is at the moment there is us and a boat that has no one on it, cant remember a time when this popular mooring has been so empty. Don't get me wrong there is plenty of boat traffic but it just passes by perhaps its us who knows!!!!!!
Night before last Paul was reclining on the dinette ( and no I wasn't feeding him grapes) on the computer, I was watching the TV, I remarked to Paul that there was a strange smell emitting from his slippers and it was a really whiffy smell, with that the carbon monoxide alarm went off (it is situated behind my chair). Once Paul had reset the alarm and removed his feet from the proximity of it, all was quiet again. We have come to the conclusion that it must be time to replace the slippers but no doubt they will go up the same route as “the comfort cardi”.
While here I did a quick nip to Tesco in Daventry and it was quick I can tell you, out on the 9.40 bus and back on the same bus going to Rugby all of 20 minutes in Tesco. I have shot myself in the foot though as Pauls comment was “why don't you always shop that quickly”? Well, I did stick to my list and only needed the basics, no alcohol or chocolate just bread and milk bit boring really.
Paul has been on the phone a lot, he has another project in mind and he is being really secretive about it. I have no idea what it is and that is probably a good thing. All I do know is that when we get to Braunston we have to go here and there to pick bits up. It would appear that his tax rebate is now to be spent on…. stuff…. he has also been on the internet gleaning information on what…. I hate to think, probably best for me to stay in the dark. No doubt it will be some technical gismo so watch this space as I expect there will be photos. Do you get the impression that he is bored and has too much time on his hands!

1 comment:
Hello you two,
Les says "while you are there would you mind start digging the new marina?" Cheeky sod isn't he?
:) Jaq
Post a Comment