FOR SALE

PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.

Thursday, 23 August 2012

How Much!!!!!!

Yesterday we caught the bus into town to get a bit of shopping. Now, Paul is not a food shopping person as having worked in Supermarkets for nearly all his working life he  just hates it. Normally when he does condescend to accompany me he spends most of his time with his head in Freezer cabinets or looking up at the ducting systems. Of course you get “in my day we would never have let things get in that state”. Anyway, he decided he would like some steak for his tea so I said “you go get that while I wander up the aisles”. Well back he comes clutching the wrapped steak “how much” says I “£10.35” says he, HOW MUCH I could get 2 bottles of wine for that or 8 beers or even a weeks shopping in 1969. That's the last time I let him buy his own steak, he can make do with beans on toast for the next 3 days.

Today I left Paul busy painting and off I went back into town to wander on my own at my hearts content going into any shop I liked without any huffing and puffing I had a lovely time. Later on I am off to the hairdressers for a trim my fringe is past the top of my glasses and that is after I attacked it with the scissors.

We are having that steak for tea tonight it had better be good!!!!!!

1 comment:

KevinTOO said...

I hope Paul likes it too Lynne, it would choke me having to pay that much for supermarket meat :(