Needless to say our plan to leave Braunston on Wednesday didn't work out, I had to go back to the bank in Rugby to sort out yet another cock up. Any we finally left Braunston yesterday sharing the locks with a nice couple on a hire boat. Going through the tunnel was a bit hairy as we met two boats coming the other way one behind the other. We passed the first boat okay but the second boat was going so fast that he hit us. He had his headlight on but no cabin lights so when they flew past us we couldnt see the people on the stern I must admit I uttered a few expletives but its all part of the fun I suppose cant say I'm looking forward to the Blisworth tunnel think I will spend the journey through sat on the toilet then I cant see what is going on.
We moored up just past bridge 7 as the wind had really got up and we needed a drink. Spent the night there and this morning made our way to the Buckby flight. Once again we were lucky and were able to share the locks with a couple on a boat called Ruby Whilton marina is their home mooring so we left them there and carried on to Weedon. I have been to the Post Office to see if they accept post as Jess called yesterday to say our license has turned up so she will get that sent up tomorrow and hopefully it will be here for Monday, if it isnt we will just have to stay here till it arrives.
Popped in The Heart of England for a swift half may try a meal in there while we are here.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Friday, 24 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment