Popped to the Barley Mow last night and a very nice pub it is, we decided to have a meal Paul choosing steak and I had Scampi, according to the board total for the two was £19 40 Paul was charged £20.58 so Paul being Paul queried the discrepency and was duly given a pound refund. After the meal (which was very nice) on the short walk back to the boat a little bulb lit up in Pauls head and he says "that bloke in the pub still did me out of 18p" am I married to a tight wad or what. Mind you there were about 30 people in the pub last night if they were all overcharged by a pound quite a nice sum was made. I'm sure this wasnt the case but it makes you think.
Left Cosgrove did the lock and carried on with our journey, stopped at Wolverton for supplies then on past the dreaded Black Prince bridge. What the BW guy was on about I dont know there were plenty of boats there most of them on the long term mooring none looked "dodgy" so perhaps he was just being over cautious. We are now moored up by bridge 81a stopped sooner than we anticipated but the weather has turned really chilly and we had both had enough. On our journey we have been lucky enough to find quite a bit of wood just need Paul to saw it up. We had only been moored up a few minutes when we heard a thump on the boat then another one, himself rushes out and it is kids throwing crab apples at the boat bless em. They were one side of the hedge and Paul the other all I could hear was the kids laughing next time we are going to let the dog sort them out.
Tomorrow we are hoping to find a country mooring for the weekend away from shops so I cant spend any money. Boat needs a good clean and I have some chores to do that should take all of one morning so it looks like the dogs will be getting plenty of walks.
FOR SALE
PISTON BROKE IS NOW SOLD.
Thursday, 30 October 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment