I went down to Kent for the weekend and came back with a lovely cough and cold. Something I could really do without, Paul wasn't the happiest of bunnies either as he hadn't seen a soul all the time I was away so was feeling decidedly lonely, for once he was glad to see me back.
Tuesday Angela and John came over for a cuppa and I make a cake thought it was about time so I pushed the boat out and bought cream to go in it was rather good even if I say so myself.
Weather here today has been atrocious in fact the water in the marina has come up so far that the dogs have about a foot step to get onto the pontoon where as before the boat was level with it, there are quite a few boats on the kilt and there has been a lot of slackening off of ropes to ensure that there is no damage done in fact Paul has just come back on board after sorting out a few boats due to the water rising yet again . Tomorrow it would appear that we are in for more rain so who knows the pontoons may be flooded.
Paul has been keeping himself busy and a new box has been made for the starter battery he has also sanded down the side bulk heads in the lounge ready for a fresh coat of varnish, this has come about as a few redundant holes have been filled due to a different size radiator being installed 2 years ago, as you can see he doesn't rush these jobs.
Next job is the making of covers for the side hatch doors, material has been bought and the fixings, so on Saturday the sewing machine will be unearthed from under the dinette dusted off and put to good use (that is if I can remember how to use it).
I found out from a local lady that there is a County Connect bus that runs through here to Daventry, you have to register with the bus company then you book on line, ordering the bus like you would a taxi. So I booked the bus for Friday so we could go and do a spot of shopping and have a change of scenery. The email I received confirming my booking said that as we lived more than 500 metres from our requested pick up point the bus would pick us up from outside the marina how convenient is that and it will drop us off there too so hardly any walking to be done which suits Paul no end. I have got into the swing of having my shopping delivered here once by Mr Tesco and once with Mr Sainsbury so easy and no humping of heavy stuff.

No comments:
Post a Comment